X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Car hire in Spain summer 2010

Hi everyone!

I want this topic to be the key information point for someone who is looking for car hire in Spain like i do now. I want people to share their successful / unsuccessful stories renting a car in Spain.

This summer I have experienced car hire in Spain nightmare myself. Standing at Malaga airport with an unconfirmed voucher for "MalagaCar". Somebody would say that this is my own fault as I had 3 booking cancellations from 2 different brokers "TravelSupermaket" and "CarJet". Now I decided to take it seriously and early so please respond to this topic with your experiences and advices.
    Currently I plan to visit Spain for two weeks at the end of the June 2010 and I got some quotes as low as 140 Euros for the whole period

Only one company I EVER recommend after 8 years and hundreds of weeks of car hire

Coys Cars at Torreta 2 and both airports COYS RENT A CAR, Car Hire in Torrevieja, Alicante Airport, Murcia Airport and Costa Blanca Spain

Personal service, sensible pricing, 24/7 number.

HTH

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Steve Ver Mensaje
      Only one company I EVER recommend after 8 years and hundreds of weeks of car hire

Coys Cars at Torreta 2 and both airports COYS RENT A CAR, Car Hire in Torrevieja, Alicante Airport, Murcia Airport and Costa Blanca Spain

Personal service, sensible pricing, 24/7 number.

HTH
      Just checked their terms and prices, seems reasonable. I really like the deal on fuel, it's much better than getting ripped off for a full tank at inflated prices.

Comentario

Decode Car Hire

Thanks for your reply guys.

Currently doing some research on Decode Car Hire . Not so long ago i've read few bad responces to how Decode Car Hire operate in Malaga. As i understood Decode Car Hire is new car hire brokerage?

Have somebody had a deal with them recently?

Steve

Comentario

Decode car hire

All the info you need is on this forum

http://www.torrevieja.com/forums/gen...-car-hire.html

Comentario

Decode Car Hire

Originalmente publicado por torrerick Ver Mensaje
            All the info you need is on this forum
            http://www.torrevieja.com/forums/gen...-car-hire.html
            I have seen this topic before and contacted few people who participated there. As they said Decode Car Hire returned all the money that was charged by mistake. I'm not saying go rent a car from them, but you should give them a chance i guess. Came onto a press release on MarketWire by Decode saying that they receive good lesson on summer 2009 in Spain's car hire. Anyway looking for more opinions on this topic.

Steve

Comentario

COYS Car Rental

I had not previously heard of Coys Rent a Car. Are they new? They sound okay and I note the recommendation. Looking at their website they charge just €12 for fuel not fill the tank like all the others. Thats better.
              What I would really like to find would be a car hire company that supplies the actual car models they have advertised and you have booked when you come to collect the pre-booked car - not just a different one in the same "group". I have been caught out by this trick so many times by the main operators at Alicante.
              For example if I have booked a Ford Fiesta I want to actually get a Ford Fiesta - not a Nissan Micra or a Citreon C3 or whatever the "equivalent" one is.

Comentario

Hi, We used coys for 1st time this summer, and got the car we booked.
                They did exactly what it says on the tin!!

Comentario

Decode Car Hire

Originalmente publicado por Phil Ver Mensaje
                  Hi, We used coys for 1st time this summer, and got the car we booked.
                  They did exactly what it says on the tin!!
                  Can you be more precise on your booking? Car quality, price, days ? Coys seem to be quite small car hire company. Just googled and haven't found any scam reports or bad reviews about this company.
                  Steve

Comentario

We booked a C3 23july-6aug,for 270 euroes all inc.
                    Car was fine and great guys to deal with (english)
                    They work from a transit van,in the airport which was
                    new to us,but it's all very well organised and a lot cheaper
                    than any other i could find.
                    The earlier poster (Steve) must be the best reccomendation
                    you could wish to here.

Comentario

Maybe you need to be more precise as to from where in Spin you'd like to hire a car.

Coys is an excellent, family run company, have been here for many years but service the Costa Blanca.

If you are interested in Malaga Car Hire then that's a different matter all together, unless it's worth your while to fly to Alicante an drive down to the Costa del Sol, and return car here. Then that's another matter.

Keith

Comentario

Doing more research on car hire in Spain. Looking forward for more suggestions

Steve
                        Editado por última vez por Insderre; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/4389-insderre en , 11:36:08.

Comentario

car hire

I have been using Torrecar in Cabo Roig for years, once you use them a few times they will let you take the car full and return it full. I have never had a problem with them and have now purchased a car from them. Tracy is the girl I deal with, email address is cr@torrecar.es

Comentario

Trabajando...
                          X