Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• NIE/NIF - the same or different?

been asked by a financial company (who are finally going to sort out my wealth tax) to bring over my NIE number when I come over next.

Looked through all the doc's I've had since buying our house 4 years ago & can only seem to find an NIF number on a letter from my bank "la caixa" NIF T99999999 - 8 numbers.

Is this the same as an NIE number? on this site "http://www.practicalspain.com/NIE.htm" it says they are so why are they not called the same?

If I give this number to the financial company will it be correct?

many thanks for any help

help

Hi Harry (again).

Your NIF number should be perfectly adequate to ensure that your taxes paid are credited to you.

Chris.

Comentario

Hello Harry,

The numbers are the same they are just used for different purposes. NIE means foreigners identity number and NIF means fiscal identity number.

The number as you quote it doesn't look correct. Your NIE/NIF number should start with the letter X followed by 5 numbers followed by another letter. The number should appear on all of your bills and bank statements.

Jane

Comentario

Thanks for the replies, Jane C you have me worried now!

I have an 8 digit number (sometimes prefixed with a "T" or "0") that appears on several bank documents as my NIF number & a Telefonica Invoice as my CIF/NIF number - cannot see any x99999L anywhere!

Should I be worried?

regards

harry

Comentario

When I arrived at first I had a similar experience and discovered that what I thought was an NIE number was a non residents number or something. I went to the town hall and re applied for the NIE which I then got and starts X*****-B. Don't worry but don't ignore it would be my advice. Steve

Comentario

cheers Steve, was that the building by Mercadona facing the N332?

If so -

Other posts state that you have to apply in person in Alicante?

What did you have to take with you?

Did you only have to fill in forms there?

How do you know what queue to get in & how long was the wait?

Anything else you can think of?

sorry for so many questions mate but I'm getting really confused with this now, I have a NIF number but not in the right format, you apparently have to have a NIE number to buy a house, we bought our's 4 years ago & I've never seen a NIE number!

cheers

harry

Comentario

Hi
              Sometimes if there is no NIE number they put in your passport number mine is as you say a T and 9 numbers check yours it maybe just your passport number and you may not have an NIE yet.

Comentario

Harry going to Alicante may be quicker, but you can do it at the Town Hall with the form, passport and 2 x passport size photos. Get photocopies of everything and ask for the correct office at reception. This method takes 4 - 6 weeks.

Comentario

Comentario

Dear parrot

Thanks for making that clear but I think we all know and understand the information you have given. What Harry needs is the NIE in its correct form. He like others haven't got this correct at the first attempt. Hopefully he now has the necessary information to get on the right track.

Comentario

thanks to all that replied, I've just found out from the estate agent's I bought my house through that I do in fact have a NIE number - what a relief!

many thanks again!

harry

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X