Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Water Shortage?!

I have heard on the grape vine that a few urbs in the Murcia area have had their pools drained - does anyone know if this is true? In the papers it says that the farmers dont have enough water to irrigate their crops properly, so I think emptying the pools is a good idea! However, would all residents have to be informed before this happens - our pool has been cordoned off today, and we are wondering if this is it for the summer - but nobody has told us what is happening! I personally dont mind, but it will be a long 12 weeks school holiday for the kids with no pool to play in! Can you imagine how busy the beaches will be if the July and August tourists have to resort to the seaside??!!

Comentario

There is an article in The Leader, extract - Drought is gripping the southern part of Spain with no sign of any let up. The previous nine months have been the driest since records began in 1947 with 44% less rain falling than usual. On average reservoirs are only 26% full.

The dry weather is not unusual for Spain, the last such drought occurring between 1990 and 1995, but it does mean that farmers in particular are struggling to keep their crops going with farmers in Elche reported to only being able to irrigate their crops for eight minutes a day.

Worst hit areas are the Provinces of Huesca and Murcia but the drought has affected most of the South and Central regions. In Huesca, public swimming pools have been emptied and fountains have been turned off.........

Comentario

Hi,
        I was in Murcia just over a week ago,there was a long banner across the council building about precious water .I did read it but but enjoying my tapas and a drink I can not remember the exact translation now but a bus full of English tourists takeing photos could help ,! If only we knew who they are ? but a taxi driver told me that the water shortage was a big problem in Murcia.
        The water level in the river Segura looked ok and the carp looked happy.
        With the sun , does not come the rain ? totally confusious .
        archie

Comentario

Worst hit areas are the Provinces of Huesca and Murcia
          I also read this article and it talks a lot about the province of Huesca but I find this confusing as Huesca is in the Pyrenees! I wonder if it means Huelva?

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X