Let's See If We Can Make a Connection?

Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Let's See If We Can Make a Connection?

1) N332 Santa Pola, Guadamar, Torrevieja, Orihuela Costa: The roads are quiet, bars and restaurants deserted. Service sector businesses dropping shutters; shopping malls deserted. Many of them have just a quarter of their units open. In a Mercadona yesterday of about 12 check-out tills only one open. Urbanisations have a ghost town sleepiness about them.

2) Neither of the two serving international airports offers public transport along the coast. A cab from Alicante Airport will almost certainly cost more than the return air fare to the UK. Expect to pay 55€ to 70€ single to Torrevieja; cost to cab driver 10€. Murcia Airport fares are relative. Car hire prices have gone through the sun roof. To add insult to injury they rip you off with notorious petrol scams.

I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we later learn that part of Turkey Tourism’s budget is handed out in brown envelopes to the Costas’ tourism tsars. You would think the least they could do is officially twin Bodrum or Marmaris with Torrevieja; just to show Turkish gratitude for Costa idiocy.

los altoes

i have just got here in los altos and cannot believe so many houses are empty and were is everyone we are walking the streets and never in my life have i seen anything like this its like a ghost town we are here till feb, wonder why its like this, and how long has it been like this was it busy or what, so the best thing is the weather,

Comentario

I like it now a lot of them have gone back to Blighty. It's getting to be like it was 10 years ago.

Comentario

In another forum someone says they have just arrived at Los Altos to spend Christmas here. They cannot believe just how quiet everywhere is.

As you know I am into live music. Entertainers have had it tougher than most this year. They are (were) counting on catching up through December. As it happens the table bookings are simply not coming in. Such entertainers - and they are very talented - are actually getting fewer gigs now than they were when the going was tough. Huh! If you think September is bad wait till you see December!

Comentario

hi chrisdee well had a good day today lovely weather mind got lost so many times so you say it was like this 10 years ago was there houses here or what and is the summer time busy

Comentario

Josie
            Tis busier in summertime good to see you are getting around have you walked in Torreveija yet ?

Comentario

think i miss me dog and walks anyone got a spare husky for me too walk hahha

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por josiecass
                hi gal

well funny you ask that we going too walk tomor if we dont get lost so when we came a lady called linda who was so helpful did say we could walk along the coast so this we will do after i have stopped sun bathing in the morning the place may not have many people here but wowo its got plenty of sun
                Two nice walks along the coast from Playa Flamenca to Punta Prima (and
                you can go on into Torrevieja) Walking to Punta Prima, along the Coast. A Lovely Day Out. and from PF to Cabo Roig La Zenia to Cabo Roig. Costa Blanca beach walk from La Zenia to Cabo Roig.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                X