Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Pirate taxis

According to the police forces in the province of Alicante, during recent months, a notable increase in the the number of unauthorized ‘taxi’ services has been observed.

Read more...

As there isn't a public transport service this is what might be expected. The answer is of course to have a half hour bus service along the N332 between Alicante's airport and San Javier's. Problem solved but like much else there isn't any joined up thinking here on the Costa Blanca.

The suits boast an airport, currently handling 12 million passengers a year and soon to be 20 million passengers. Yet, it is without a bus service. The Americans have a saying: You can't fix stupid. It about sums it up.

Comentario

It only took them 30 years to run a bus to Benidorm so not long to wait now for the Costa Blanca South. Dont really see why they cant run the Alicante-Cartagena bus via the airport even hourly would be good. Obviously resorthoppa haven't done any market research for th CB South

Comentario

A few months ago there was a report going around of implementing a new service using the new technology bus - part engine/part electric......so I think something is in the pipeline (but it is a long one!)

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Torrevieja.com Ver Mensaje
          According to the police forces in the province of Alicante, during recent months, a notable increase in the the number of unauthorized ‘taxi’ services has been observed.

Read more...
          Tell us something new. This is old news going back to the summer, not recent months.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Jaycee 61 Ver Mensaje
            Tell us something new. This is old news going back to the summer, not recent months.
            This campaign is being carried out by the authorities in Torrevieja and Orihuela Costa.
            Can't imagine what they they are going to do to make it different to any other campaign.

Guardia --- Are these passengers paying
            Tout or pirate ----- No, they are friends
            Guardia -- Sorry for stopping you, drive carefully and have a good day.
            Tout or Pirate --- Drives away laughing

My buses
            Guardia --- Documents please
            Driver ---- Certainly
            Guardia -- (spend next 1/2 hour checking documents pretending they know what they are checking)
            Guardia --- driving license
            Driver ---- certainly
            Guardia ---- Why do you not have a spanish license if you are working in Spain
            Driver --- It is a european license and not due for renewal.
            Guardia --- Where is your tarjeta de transportes
            Driver ---- On the windscreen.
            Guardia ---- (Pretends he knows and understands what he is looking at)
            Guardia --- Your passengers are not wearing seatbelts
            Driver ---- They took them of when I stopped the bus
            Guardia ----- Where is the insurance payment slip
            Driver ----- It is in the office, we do not need to carry it.
            Guardia --- Social security card please
            Driver ---- certainly
            Guardia --- wait here (officer then goes and have a coffee and chats with his pals for 20 minutes)
            Guardia ---- Next time make sure you have all the documents I ask for.

He then gestures the driver to be on his way.

Nothing new, will be same old thing, very little effort of thought going into targeting the pirates or touts with loads of innocent people or businesses harrassed while going about their daily chores.

Comentario

I'm surprised the legal taxi drivers don't take matters into their own hands. They must see the same old illegals picking up and dropping off all the time, if it were me, I'd want to do something.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Chrisdee Ver Mensaje
                I'm surprised the legal taxi drivers don't take matters into their own hands. They must see the same old illegals picking up and dropping off all the time, if it were me, I'd want to do something.
                There is a lot of that going on but you don't hear about it, a tout will tell you how much money he makes but does'nt bragg about how he was caught, assaulted or his vehicle burnt or damaged by taxi drivers, not good for business or his creditability when he is telling everyone he is legal.
                I could'nt imagine a tout going to the police to report a taxi driver or report a damaged minibus.

The problem lies in catching them or proving they are touts, there is also the added problem that for everyone caught there is a new arrival ready to take their place to earn some easy money, in most cases unaware that it is illegal because the bar-room lawyers say so and tell them fairy tales.
                The police need to stop every minibus driver everytime they see one on the road, at the airports dropping off or parked at the back of the airport carparks and inform the passengers as well as the driver that although they cannot prove they are travelling illegally, they suspect they are and the vehicle will be stopped everytime it is seen, I suspect there would be very few claims or none at all of police harrassment in the newspapers by Joe the minibus driver.
                The passengers will become aware and tell others, so no more business for the driver, the driver will know that he is on the list and know his days are numbered and unless he is a complete idiot should take the hint.
                Before thinking that is not fair to minibus drivers you should consider how many people you know in the UK who own a minibus, NONE, yet nearly every urbanisation in the Costa Blanca and other regions have multiple minibuses parked in the street or driveways, none are licensed for taxi or coach work, I don't know any large families of more than 5 who have moved to Spain and considering an 8 or 9 seat Ford minibus costs double that of a good size family saloon, estate car or even a van, more to insure and higher maintenance costs, it does'nt take a lot of working out who the touts are.
                After a few weeks of this I believe most people would give it up as many did when the previous campaign during the summer was based at Alicante airport.
                Thats what I would do if I was the police !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then again maybe thats too sensible or complicated for the local Spanish police.
                Just another point but which idiot at the Police thinks it is a good idea to start a campaign during the quietest period of the year when most of the touts are off the road !!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Editado por última vez por clydegrove; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2429-clydegrove en , 02:54:24.

Comentario

I have an even better idea, which will put the entire taxi rip-off practice out of business: Provide an N-332 half-hourly 5€ bus service calling in at taxi ranks in Santa Pola, Guardamar, Torrevieja, Playa Flamenca, Pilar, and then to San Javea airport. Neither would like that but 12 million airport passengers, soon to be 20 million, would love it.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por michael walsh Ver Mensaje
                    I have an even better idea, which will put the entire taxi rip-off practice out of business: Provide an N-332 half-hourly 5€ bus service calling in at taxi ranks in Santa Pola, Guardamar, Torrevieja, Playa Flamenca, Pilar, and then to San Javea airport. Neither would like that but 12 million airport passengers, soon to be 20 million, would love it.
                    Unfortantly the vast majority of passengers arriving at Alicante Airport are travelling North to the established and registered resorts in that region.
                    South of Alicante is not a classed as a holiday resort destination, that may be hard to believe for those who are not connected or involved in travel and tourism but 99% of accomodation, of which there is many in the South, are not registered with the tourist board therefore the area is not entitled or seen to be in need of tourism funding.
                    In regards to transport, there is already buses following the route you have mentioned however it starts in Alicante City and is service by a connecting shuttle from Alicante Airport, again and unfortuantly there are not enough people arriving at Alicante Airport to justify a direct service from the Airport.

Many may disagree with this however the actual registered figures are correct but as most of us know the figures are only based on what they know and there in lies the problem in regards to actual numbers because of the illegal activity in regards to transfers and accomodation not being part of the equation.
                    My company carried 20,000 passengers this year and I am not a large company, when you consider that there are approx 500 illegal minibus drivers with multiple vehicles as well as the lone owner of 1 minibus and the 1 vehicle taxi tout operating in this region, not to mention the number of people renting unregistered rental properties, the actual number of visitors to the region that are not registered is probably 10 fold.

Believe me, many companies including my own have looked at shuttle services direct from Alicante Airport to the South but the service would not be possible and would not receive local grants due to the numbers travelling South by other means (touts).
                    It could be the case of what came first, the chicken or the egg, but no one is going to put on a service that costs 250,000 a year to operate in the hope that the many 100,000 passengers that use touts will suddenly stop using them and use the buses.

Just on another point but most people who travel to the region do not know where they are going, don't know where the accomodation is, in most cases the accomodation is in an outlying urbanisation and are in 99% of the journeys have luggage and children, a bus service to main road destinations would be of no use to someone for example travelling to Villamartin who would need to get of the bus and either walk 3 miles to the accomodation or get a taxi. The cost of the bus and added cost of a taxi would be the same as getting a private transfer direct from the Airport to the accomodation without all the hassel.
                    Although that may not be the case for people who live here, That is the reason a service South would not work and would not pay an operator.
                    You also have look at the people who keep suggesting this type of service, it tends to be people who live here and travel back to the UK occassionally and are looking for a cheap form of transport where as the majority of people who travel here are holiday makers and would not use the service anyway because of the hassel involved.
                    The service from Alicante Airport to Benidorm for example works, firstly because of the number of people visiting the resort and also the infrastructure of the city and acomodations, allows drop of points to be close to the main accomodations registered with the tourist board.
                    Editado por última vez por clydegrove; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2429-clydegrove en , 16:56:41.

Comentario

Thanks Mike, I am sure all the law abiding Spanish taxi drivers, like my brother-in-law, paying their taxes, license fees, insurance, overheads etc etc and trying to feed and clothe their family will really appreciate your idea.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Rob1305 Ver Mensaje
                        Thanks Mike, I am sure all the law abiding Spanish taxi drivers, like my brother-in-law, paying their taxes, license fees, insurance, overheads etc etc and trying to feed and clothe their family will really appreciate your idea.
                        Surely what should be uppermost in your consideration is the rejuvenation of the Costa Blanca. The debate raging at the moment is not the jobs of cab drivers; it is the ghost-town landscapes of southern Costa Blanca. Everyone is shocked by the deserted malls, roads; bars and restaurants. What about their redundant workers and bankrupt businesses who too are legitimate? They are far more nmerous than cab drivers.

Name me one other international airport anywhere in the developed world that hasn't got local bus service? We have two such airports: El Altet and San Javier. El Altet soon to have 20 million annual users without a bus route along what I believe is the longest national road in Europe.

Put yourself in the shoes of potential holidaymakers in northern Europe as they consider where to visit. Fly into Alicante / Murcia and find the cab fares are higher than the flight fares? Come off it. This is the jugular vein of the Costa's prosperity and the cab drivers have their boots on it.

I believe that 94% of urbanisations do not have a bus service? Doesn't that shock you? The Costas are not here to prioritise the jobs of cab drivers to everyone else's cost. Think of something else too. If we can ever restore sanity and bring prosperity; tourism, wealth and jobs back to the Costa Blanca, your in-law and his colleagues will be run off their feet. Carry on as we are and they will be flipping burgers in Benidorm takeaways.

Comentario

Surely what should be uppermost in your consideration is the rejuvenation of the Costa Blanca. The debate raging at the moment is not the jobs of cab drivers; it is the ghost-town landscapes of southern Costa Blanca. Everyone is shocked by the deserted malls, roads; bars and restaurants. What about their redundant workers and bankrupt businesses who too are legitimate? They are far more nmerous than cab drivers.

Name me one other international airport anywhere in the developed world that hasn't got local bus service? We have two such airports: El Altet and San Javier. El Altet soon to have 20 million annual users without a bus route along what I believe is the longest national road in Europe.

Put yourself in the shoes of potential holidaymakers in northern Europe as they consider where to visit. Fly into Alicante / Murcia and find the cab fares are higher than the flight fares? Come off it. This is the jugular vein of the Costa's prosperity and the cab drivers have their boots on it.

I believe that 94% of urbanisations do not have a bus service? Doesn't that shock you? The Costas are not here to prioritise the jobs of cab drivers to everyone else's cost. Think of something else too. If we can ever restore sanity and bring prosperity; tourism, wealth and jobs back to the Costa Blanca, your in-law and his colleagues will be run off their feet. Carry on as we are and they will be flipping burgers in Benidorm takeaways.
                          Michael this thread is about taxis so that is the discussion, you have enough of your own threads on other subjects.
                          I have read nearly all your postings over the short period you have been a member of both this and the other Torrevieja forums, you don't half talk a load of crap.
                          Both Airports have a local service, Torrevieja is not local to either.
                          Why would the urbanisations have a regular bus service, only 25% of the Urbs are occupied for 75% of the year, most have not been adopted by the local council because they are unfinished and nearly everyone who lives on them have a car so would not use the bus.
                          Businesses go bust every day, either due to bad management, no ongoing investment, expansion, new products or just creating a business that has no market.
                          The worldwide recession has not affected the Costa Blanca, ask any successful business man or woman in this area, what has affected this area is the greed of those who came and have now gone within the property market.
                          They created an unrealistic market and profit from peoples ignorance of local laws and property prices useing exchange rates as a way of increasing local prices within the expat community and those who were based in the UK. Anyone who understands economics would know it was short to medium term investment unfortuantly not so good business people and people who came to work within the industry thought all they had to do was turn up, make money and it would go on forever. When the property boom ended about 3 years ago (long before the worldwide recession) many of the sensible people got out, the others continued to scrape a living and now there is no living to be earned.

This a residentail area with holiday accomodation, those who have failed believed or were told differently and geared their businesses to local holiday makers.
                          In life many people will fail at business ( I believe it is something like 90%) why would the Costa Blanca or Torrevieja be expected to have higher than the worldwide average.
                          There is nothing wrong with this area other than the fact that people were misled by expat estate agents with a mobile and a smile.
                          This is still the land of opportunity for the right people and those who don't go around blaming everyone else for their faults.
                          The Costa Blanca is booming in regards to tourism, businesses related to direct tourism had one of their best years for many years during 2009, regardless of the worldwide recession. The real businesses (not the bars) are expanding and investing heavily in making sure that 2010 is just as good.
                          For someone who claims to have such a varied expertise in business you seem to talk as if you base all your opinions on the area where you drink or eat and the service you want to satisfy your personal needs.
                          Research more before sounding like an idiot and if you are as well travelled with knowledge in all business as you claim you will know the prices from taxi companies in the european community are similar for similar distances as there is an EU regulation in regards to guidelines for distance and fares.
                          The fares in this particular area have not changed much over the past 20 years, 20 years ago a taxi from Torrevieja to Alicante airport was 5,000 pesatas (25 quid), 20 years on it is 60 euro.

Stick to what you know.

Comentario

I don't debate with people who resort to offensive language and insult. Have a good day!

Comentario

excellant move on

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X