Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• New Health Cards

Does anyone have a definite answer as to what documents are needed to get the new health card from the Cabo Roig surgery? My husband is kept waiting hours every time he goes there and given different answrs every time. He is diabetic so he really needs this card as private insurance will not cover pre-existing conditions.
    His situation is that he is a resident here but any work he does is for people in England or America - therefore he is not paying contributions in Spain.
    To date he has been told he needs a padron, residencia, passport, social security number from Orihuela. the latter he does not have. At one stage the surgery told him to get a letter from the Health people in England saying he is no longer entitled to benefits there. He spent a few weeks getting this but then someone told him they need an official translation stamped by the consulate in Alicante.
    Does anyone really know what is needed as they appear to be changing the rules on a weekly basis.

I understand that the people in the HELP office have a leaflet which has the latest info about this (as they know it) but the situation seems to change so often ..........
    Last time I heard June Saunders speak of this, some weeks ago, she said that the Orihuela Costa Health Centre were not at that time accepting any more people under this scheme, but if it is the law for the Valencian Community as a whole, I do not see how they could get away with that one.
    I think that some people have actually managed to get this sorted so hopefully someone can come up with this information which will be of interest to many of us.

Comentario

I am lucky as I registered at the new medical centre when it opened. I needed our passports, padron and social security number ( I am self employed over here so I have a social security number). A friend of mine went down last week to see a doctor and register as she is pregnant. They sent her to San Miguel as the Cabo Roig medical centre is no longer accepting new patients as their register is full. So apart from sending you to San Miguel Beastess I don't know what to suggest for the Beast. I know you can go to the salud behind the waterfall in Torrevieja and see a doctor there but I think you have to pay for the consultation.
      Cath

Comentario

Comentario

At San Migueld clinic there is an english lady called Jeannette who is employed by the town hall. She will help you only too willingly re registering at the clinic. All we had to do was get a SIP form from San Miguel Town Hall, take it with copies of our padron, NIE Numbers, and an uptodate copy of E111. Three days later she had our medical cards waiting for us. Hope this helps

Comentario

That sounds very interesting. Maybe Beast should try and register there instead of Cabo Roig. Maybe they are giving him the runaround because there are too many on the register already. I did have a long chat in Spanish with the guy doing the registering at Cabo Roig over the phone but he did want an awful lot of documents...This sounds much easier. Do have an address for the San Miguel Clinic?

Comentario

NEW MEDICAL CARDS

Try www.san-miguel-de-salinas.com website.

Comentario

Just applying common sense, if you are a resident you should register as a locally emloyed person and pay taxes then you will get the local benefits. Dosn't matter where the work is done and how its paid.
                Is you husband paying UK tax and NI but expecting the benefits in Spain ? This is only allowed for temporary visitors with an E111.

Comentario

My husband tried today to get a SIP form from the Town Hall in his long battle to get a health card. He was told in perfect English that there is no such thing!

Comentario

Frustrating, isn't it?
                    Is that the Town Hall at San Miguel referred to above?

Comentario

Comentario

Comentario

Trabajando...
                        X