Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• jobs

can anybody tell me whot the job markets like out there now, is it still bad as i keep hearing
    about bars closing is it that bad .
    Id love to live out there but as i need a job im finding it inposible to get there, i have money for property but need work for about 10 years to live .can anyone advise ?

Do you speak Spanish ?

Comentario

jobs

No but me and my wife have just started to learn. Something i know we should have done years ago, so that is somthing that will take time

Comentario

Don't do it !!!!!!!!!!!!

If you need to work to live in Torrevieja this is the wrong time.
        I know of at least 3 bars that closed down after taking whatever they could from the small increase in business over the xmas period. Many of the commercial centres are empty or nearly empty.

Listen to the people who live here and have nothing to gain or lose by giving advice.
        Torrevieja is not a holiday resort, it is a residentail area with holiday homes. These are only approx figures but not far of the mark.
        Only 25% of the houses are occupied full time, 50% of the houses are occupied for 25% of the year and the remaining 25% lie empty all year.
        There is no industry other than that created by house sales and house building, that has now gone and many people have lost their livelyhood as well as many lost their homes.
        The small tourist business there is (compared to real holiday resorts) is serviced by numerious people or businesses believing that by copying everyone else they should get a share and earn a living, when the truth is that if people wanted Benidorm they would go to Benidorm, hence the reason so many close down.

At its height, Torrevieja will have around 100,000 to 150,000 people resident during the summer months, not a lot considering the amount of bars etc trying to get their business.
        Most businesses are not employing unless it is a skill they don't have themselves, many bar /cafe / restaurant owners, their wife and children can all be found working to keep the business afloat.

If you can afford to buy a property then maybe a good time to buy but personally I think prices will drop a lot further this year so maybe better waiting another year.

A good thing is that you are not asking for advice 3 years ago as the advice would be different and you would probably be stuck with a house you paid too much for, maybe a large mortgage taken because rates were so low, no job and unable to move back to the UK.

That is the position many are in today.

Just want to add, that if you can do it, its worth it and a great life.
        Editado por última vez por clydegrove; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/2429-clydegrove en , 19:05:41.

Comentario

Thank you i needed some honest answers .I have been looking at the cost off housing for some time now about 3 years and have notised a big drop mybe i need to look again in 12 months, i know about torrevieja iv been 3 times and 2 times to look at houses and what life can offer, but iv also been up to salou about4 times and looked round and about i think i should carry on learning spanish and look again in 12 months thanks for your advise and been so honest
          chears and happy new year
          pete

Comentario

Trabajando...
          X