Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• No Smoking

Sra. Elena Salgado, the Spanish Health Minister and Non-Smoker, has decreed that as from June this year no smoking will be allowed in Restaurants and Bars anywhere in Spain. She has dismissed all estimates from tourism and business representatives of the numbers of establishments that will inevitably close down putting countless thousands out of work, and yet has given no estimate of her own of the livelihoods that her draconian law will destroy.
    I would have thought that what we have at the moment, whereby everyone has the choice either to go to an establishment where you can smoke or one where you can’t, is the ideal situation but you know what politicians are – they know what’s best for everyone – don’t they?
    I honestly can’t see the Spanish population taking it lying down, particularly at this time of high unemployment – can you?

No Smoking

Do not dispare! Everyone in the UK thought the same! No Smoking has been in some time now and the slump that it was meant to bring never has materialised.

Comentario

I'm not so sure Bob, they say that Pubs & Restaurants in the UK are still closing at between 40 & 50 a week.

Comentario

where i live in england pubs are closing ding dong got be down to the smokin ban family pubs keep goin big chains cheep grub ya so called workin mans pub dead

Comentario

Same here in manchester,pubs closing down all over ,and this is mainly due to the smoking ban.

Comentario

Sorry Bob, don't know where you come from but every where else is going downhill. The working mans clubs in the east-end on London are closing rapidly. I can think of at least 10 public house that have closed in part to the smoking ban. Unlike Spain and France we do not have the climate to site out side cafes and pubs, so people stay in doors and buy from the supermarket. If the Spanish government impose the law to the letter with big fines and closures, watch the Tourists and holiday makers disappear. The unemployed lines will get even longer.

Comentario

smoking ban

i live in cheshire in rural semi rural villages you can drive through and pass three or four pubs all boarded up and you think not another one gone had a nice meal there once i agree that they should be able to say yes you can smoke in here and no you cant in here customers choice then isnt it instead of a wall to wall ban countrywide like it is now

Comentario

Ban Smoking

About time that Spain made an entry into the 21st century and started thinking about the majority who don't smoke and not those who smell of stale tobacoo and contaminate others with that vile smelling odour and the increased potential for health problems.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Lloyd Ver Mensaje
                  About time that Spain made an entry into the 21st century and started thinking about the majority who don't smoke and not those who smell of stale tobacoo and contaminate others with that vile smelling odour and the increased potential for health problems.
                  21st Century, more like 1984. This is just the sort of attitude that so many of us came to Spain to get away from. "I don't like smoking so none of you can do it!"
                  It may have escaped your notice that a great many ex-pats and Spaniards like to smoke. Why does there have to be complete ban. Let's have some bars/restaurants where you can smoke and some not and let's see which ones thrive. A little more tolerance would be nice. Rant Over.

Comentario

I live in the UK but was in Spain when the partial smoking ban was introduced in Spain.One of the local bar/restaurants had introduced the ban at midnight on the day allocated. The following lunchtime i went to this bar only to see two police motorcycles and a police car outside.I thought there must be some sort of trouble in the bar (possibly related to the smoking ban) when i entered the bar to my amazement sat at the bar were 4 policemen (two of them guardia) sitting drinking coffee and brandy smoking large cigars! So i wonder if this ban will really work.

Comentario

Smoking Ban

Actually, we have just closed the pub that we ran and these local pubs closing have nothing whatsoever to do with the smoking ban. We are in a recession where rates, rents, insurance rates, energy, meat, vegetables and beer have all shot up in price. Customers can get a meal for two with a bottle of wine for £10 from M&S. This coupled with the addictions for soaps and realality shows keep people at home. All of our smoking customers stayed with us and simply went outside for a fag! Do not confuse the global recession with the smoking ban. One real thing that smoking outside of licensed premises does impact upon is the level of crime. Those under the influence of alcohol staggering around outside smoking and bumping into each other often results in a rise in violent crime!!!!!

Comentario

It`s commom knowledge that smoking is dirty, filthy smelly habit and a killer to boot. Why should I be forced to enhale smoke that`s been down to someone`s tar ridden lungs and back again. Where`s my rights.

Comentario

You have every right to go somewhere else. There are bars and restaurants here that do not allow smoking. Go there and leave us addicts in peace.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por webby Ver Mensaje
                            You have every right to go somewhere else. There are bars and restaurants here that do not allow smoking. Go there and leave us addicts in peace.
                            Quite right Webby, at the moment we have a choice whether to go to a smoking bar or non-smoking establishment, what will these clean air Hitlers do when alcohol is also banned - it's on the way................

Comentario

Clean air Hitlers has nothing to do with it. If you don`t give two monkeys about your health ( My father and uncle both died of lung cancer caused through smoking when they were in their late fifties ) and hygiene, then have some respect for people who do.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X