Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• volkswagen aircooled club

anyone interested in aircooled volkswagens. split bus, bay bus, beetles, karmen ghias, beach buggies, type 3/4.
    if so it would be great for me coz i love em

Just sold our '72 Bay in readiness for our move next month.

Heartbreaking!!

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por Jessi
      Just sold our '72 Bay in readiness for our move next month.

Heartbreaking!!
      taking my 73 bay down with me selling everything but the bay. camping our way down all the way brilliant eh!!!!. just need some like minded vdub heads down there, when we get settled in.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por villawagen

taking my 73 bay down with me selling everything but the bay. camping our way down all the way brilliant eh!!!!. just need some like minded vdub heads down there, when we get settled in.
        Hi Villawagen. Was thinking of taking my '71 bug down to Spain too. The only thing that's putting me off is the costs of fuel cos i know my bug drinks petrol like a running tap. - How was your journey? did you have any problems??

Would be cool to hear about your experience on it.

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por goansta

Hi Villawagen. Was thinking of taking my '71 bug down to Spain too. The only thing that's putting me off is the costs of fuel cos i know my bug drinks petrol like a running tap. - How was your journey? did you have any problems??

Would be cool to hear about your experience on it.
          hi goansta
          i have not got any experience yet, as we still have not left the uk yet, unfortunatly, due to the sale of our house. i know what you mean about the fuel costs of running an aircooled ect, however the price of fuel is cheaper in spain. it also depends on what you engine is of course and if you are running 48 twin webbers ect. a good running standard 1649 or 1200 engine should not be that bad though. are you going to live in spain perminant or temporary ?

Comentario

Comentario

Comentario

hi,

how do you find the spares and manitainance situation with unusual vehicels in the torrevieja area?

My parents are retiring to torrevieja in a couple of years, and with the housing market as it is here, i am likely to come down with them (they have a place in torrevieja already, that they visit frequently)

if I make the move, i want to bring my two chevrolets with me, an 86 Camaro 5 liter ( t top, perfect for cruising in the sun!), and an 88 astro 4.3 8 seater passenger van.. (was a taxi in majorca for 5 years before i bought it!)

although i know i can order spares from the UK, is there a reputable garage that is sympathetic to older and unusual vehicles in the area that can be trusted for the work?

how practical is this going to be for me?

p.s. - i'd love to see some of these V dubs! Villawagen, did you make the trip? last time i was over, there was a bay window UK regesterd bus not far from my parents place (i think it was orange with a white roof?) was this you?

it was parked just on the seafront just down from the marina

Comentario

well, a slight change in plan,

the camaro and astro have been traded for a newer (1996) Mustang 3.8 V6, otherwise things are much the same.. i believe that ford dealers are very good in spain, is this true?

Comentario

tailors area

hello ,

I don't know of any tailors around this area, would it not be better to go to M+S before you leave the UK and buy 2 off the peg, at least you can see what they look like, never know what they may turn out like having them made. Probably cheaper too.
                    thanks !!!

Royalty Free Music|Stock Music

Comentario

Trabajando...
                    X