Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• NIE number

We have just downloaded the nie form ex14 from the internet. Does anybody know if this is ok to fill in and take with us to Spain in a couple of weeks to hand over or do we need to pick up an original form from there?

Yes photocopies are OK we photocopied our passports as well and took the original passports as well with us.
    The spanish like lots of photocopies...
    Get there for 8.30am a nice coffee bar round the corner wait 1-2hrs go back and get your form easy.
    Cheers

Nick Edwards

Comentario

We used the forms that we downloaded from the internet

Comentario

NIE forms

Yes they are all fine, Atlas sent us files to download for our NIE application. Yes they do need pictures of you and 2 photocopies of the completed NIE form, 2 copies of your passprt along with original. They do not do photocopying there so you must have it all done. Atlas are picking us up at 5.30 am to be there and told us to expect to be back about 1.00 pm.

Dot

Comentario

Thanks everyone for the feedback on the nie numbers.
          Dot , just for info, can we ask what your experience with Atlas was like?

Comentario

NIE - Atlas

We have found them to be good. They told us they would arrange to pick us up to take us for our NIE and have arranged the date etc and told us the times they want us to be ready.

So so far no problems, we are not due to complete till Dec this year so hopefully everything will go OK. We are going over on 19 February for 2 weeks though to have a look around to see how things are going

Hope this helps.

D

Comentario

NIE number

We went in December. Our solicitor told us to be there by 7am.

We arrived at 7 and joined the queue. The doors opened at 8:30 and the people behind us were the last ones to be admitted. You have to get a ticket at the door and they only issue 60 tickets per day. If you're too late you have to try again the next day!

Get there early.

Comentario

NIE's

Please could someone tell me where you go to get a NIE number, and also how much it would cost,as i have been quoted 120.00 Euros by one Lawyer.
                Does any one know if it is true if you still require a residence card, as i have been told that as of last spring you do not need one?

Comentario

Comentario

NIEs

thanks Doctor Keeper
                    I live in Villamartin, so i think i come under orihueala costa as regards NIEs?

Comentario

Hi Harrodene.

Yes you do. I'll PM you.

Chris.

Comentario

PM - unfortunately we don't seem to be able to do that here any longer.

Comentario

http://www.idealspain.com/Pages/Information/NIE.pdf
                          The form can be completed 'online' and then printed out from your computer.

Instructions for completing the form can be found at the following link:
                          http://www.idealspain.com/Pages/Info...ingToSpain.htm

One form must be completed for each person applying for an NIE number.

You must then take one photocopy of each completed (and signed) form (or print it twice and sign both copies).

You will need two passport sized photos for each applicant with your full name written on the back of each photo.

Each applicant must apply (and queue) in person.

Each applicant will need to take their original passport with them, plus one copy of the details page of their passport.

There is a photocopier in one of the little shops in the Mercadona supermarket next door if you need one.

That's the easy bit!

Next, buy yourself a good book to read in the queue.

Get up very early and get to the Ayuntamiento at Playa Flamenca on a weekday. To be guaranteed a ticket to be seen you need to get there at about 6.45am, although you may get lucky if you arrive later.

There will almost certainly already be a queue outside the door which you need to join. If not, make your own, and let anyone that turns up after you know that you're at the front! At 8.30am someone will open the door and start to hand out numbered tickets (like you get at UK supermarket deli counters). They will only give out 50 tickets, and you need one ticket per application for that you want processed. Be aggressive to get your ticket - everyone else will be!

Once you have your ticket(s) you can then relax and go for a coffee, or read your book.

At 10am the processing office will open and the tickets are then processed in numerical order. Don't miss your turn!

Once your form has been processed, you'll be given back the copy of the application form that you submitted with a reference number written on it. The clerk will tell you when you need to return to collect your NIE number - this will typically be 6 to 8 weeks.

When you go back to collect your number(s), again each applicant must appear in person with their original passport and the copy of the NIE application that was originally handed back to you. You have to go through the whole "early morning queuing to get a ticket" thing again unfortunately. Note that when the tickets are handed out they will only give one ticket per person - you can't leave one person in the queue to get two or three tickets so that others can join them later.

I think that just about covers it! One caveat - this is how the system was in September of last year. It changed to this method from June last year, so perhaps someone who's applied more recently can confirm the details if possible.

Oh, and one other thing. The clerk opens the processing office at 10am, but then closes it again at 10.30am for half an hour so that she can take a coffee break (yes, honestly!) The office then re-opens at 11am and stays open until all numbers have been processed (although the official closing time is 1pm).

Finally, while you're at the Ayuntamiento and waiting around, you could kill some time by signing on the Padron. The relevant window is the right-hand one of the three just to the right inside the front door. You'll need your original passports (which you will have with you), and a copy of a recent utility bill or escritura / tenancy agreement). If enough people do this they might get enough funding to have
                          two clerks working when you go back to collect your NIE numbers.

Hope this helps you.

Chris.

Comentario

NIE number

We tested the process last Friday to get our NIE numbers.

Arriving at Alicante at about 7.15am, joined the right hand queue with about 60 people in front. By about 8.45 the queue had grown sideways in front to over 100 with several hundred behind us. We found most infront of us wanted other documents, work permits I think, we had numbers 31 and 32.
                            Waited for our numbers to come up, we had 1 form each (as obtained in above postings - also available at the desk) with our passport plus copy and 1 unsigned photograph. took less than a minute to hand over asked to return at 1.00 pm.
                            Walked in just after 1.00pm given the NEI paper with number and out within 5 minutes.
                            Found out only 50 forms were processed that day so GET THERE before 7.15 and wait

Lilybeth

Comentario

NIEs

thanks for all your advice regarding NIEs, but unfortuately i have reluctantly opted for the 120.00Euros with Law & advice at LosDolses, who are going to take me to Orihuela next Monday.The tell me i should get my NIE certificate in 4 weeks.(fingers crossed)

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X