Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• record go car rental ?

hi hired a car for next week from " record go rentals "....from alicante airport. after i paid a small deposit online ii was informed by a friend that they are a very bad company. has anyone used this company ? if so what are they like......
    thanks

We have used Record for many years and found them to be reliable and keenly priced. Unfortunately, thjey jumped on the bandwagon of charging for a full tank of petrol a couple of years ago. So along with all the other companies, greed overtook service.

If you check their prices and compare them to others, by the time everything is taken into account, they are usually at least as cheap.

Comentario

Iv used them when we took a trip to mallorca and they were fine and have since sent me good offers by email

Comentario

HI,

I have been using Record Rentacar for the last 3 years - Absolutely no problem. I do agree with comment that they have jumped on the bandwagon in terms of the practice of charging customes for full tank of petrol if your hire is more then 3 days. I have also looked at many other companies and all things taken into account, Record are no dearer than any anyone else

Comentario

thanks all who answered , eased my mined a lot ... thanks !

Comentario

Avoid record go rent a car : Hidden costs

We rented a Smart car at Malaga airport for a week end over there. First of all, we had to queue 15 minutes when we arrived late at Malaga airport and first surprise was that they wanted to charge more than initially booked, not much 1,25 EUR but if all customers don't check... Besides it took time to correct the price and the nice person at the desk explained to customers behind us that they had to wait because we were too tacky and wanted a 1,25 EUR correction... Nice start...Then there were no parking lot place number to help to find our car on 3 different floors, 15 minutes wasted trying to find the car with the key remote... Finally we had the nice surprise to be charged 50 EUR more on our credit card 2 weeks later because we returned the car and parked it on the wrong floor, stupidly we had followed the signs "Car return" and "Record Go" signs and not read what was mentioned on the contract (in very little of course). Impossible to get refund from them and no answer from their customer service. So just AVOID this company, low price at the beginning but it ended with a double cost for us.

Comentario

We've used Record several times from Alicante Airport with no problems,
              Tim

Comentario

Hi

I used Record for years however the cars are now crap. They always charge for a full tank of fuel even 'off season' which others sometimes don't. €45 for a tiny Daewoo!

Used to get decent cars, ie Peugeots etc (as a Class A car - the cheapest), the last few times just got crappy Matiz and Daewoo cars.

Argus Hire and other brokers are the cheapest way, don't go direct, brokers can get the best deals.

I recommend, Sixt, Centaur and Atesa. Atesa fantastically quick check ins and have always had top of the range models (again Class A but top end spec). Last car was a 1600 207 brand new top end spec.

I only generally use the car from Alicante then to and from Torrevieja to Guadarmar beaches.

Book well in advance on all times travelling though. Companies reduced their stock 18 mths ago so reduced availability has also increased the hire price.

Some rentals are more expensive than my flights when booked late! Watch out for Late Collection fees etc (horrific with Record I noticed this year!)

Hope this helps, Google away and spend a good hour or so having a mooch.

Regards and Happy Hols

PS the staff are very friendly and helpful so you shouldn't get any problems checking in and RecordGo parking bays are very easy to find as well signposted.
                Editado por última vez por belgarda; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/4726-belgarda en , 19:49:24.

Comentario

Hi
                  I hope we can provide some reassurance. Over the last 7 years we have used Record approx 5 /6 times per year, we have received excellent service. We had a car break down when the cluch went , but I am pleased to report that we were supplied with a replacment car in less than an hour. The fleets seem to be getting smaller and the offer of free upgrades has decreased. We have only had one car which was not up to standard, and would use them again . What ever you do do use Decode car hire , otherwise trading as Sun car. They are running the biggest scam ever.

Comentario

Why would you want to use Decode if they are running a scam ?????

Comentario

Originalmente publicado por bunnyrabbit Ver Mensaje
                      Why would you want to use Decode if they are running a scam ?????
                      Looks like they missed a word out?
                      Tim

Comentario

Argus Car Rentals - Budget Car hire over 17,000 locations worldwide has been the cheapest for me the last four times I have picked up from Alicante. I would certainly recommend them. I am using them 6 to 22 March 2011 and they have sourced me a car for 97 euros on arrival and only £14 to make the booking! My last one was from Goldcar which was great. Ryanair cancelled our flights home and because Goldcar had an office in Torrevieja it was easy to extend the hire by the further 5 days to our new flight date.

Comentario

Reckon it was a typo, and he meant to say "Do not use Decode"

Comentario

I do think, when members criticise a company, they give information & not just say (for example) do not use Decode, they run a scam!!

Comentario

I believe there is quite a long thread on here detailing the problems people have had with this company. Do a search on Decode car hire.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X