Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Best Hire Car Company ?

I have used Europa in the past, they have been excellent but they are dearer than most. I have looked at Carjet so does anyone have any views on them ?. Ideally, I would like to get a newish car, one where you get a FULL tank at no cost and return a FULL tank rather than paying out and then giving them back a HALF or whatever is left.

Regards

John

We always use Record. www.recordgo.com. They have invariably been cheapest, always decent cars and they ask you to bring it back with whatever fuel it starts with, i.e., if you get it half full, you take it back half full.

Comentario

I always use Carjet, and once booked e-mail them to ask to be placed with Solmar, who let me bring the car back full. It also helps if you can speak a little Spanish at the rental desk although this isn't guaranteed to get you the result that you want! Having said all that, the additional fuel charge, less the cost of the actual fuel (as it's ALWAYS more), when added to the cost of a Carjet rental, generally works out cheaper than all the others anyway (in my experience).

Chris

Comentario

car hire

I agree, I have always used CarJet and never had a problem, but would still prefer to pay for the fuel I use rather than pay for a full tank. I think it all evens itself out anyway. Rick did you get the web site address right it wouldn't load when I tried it.

Comentario

I have used carjet many times, the actual rental companies eg Auriga, Solmar, Centauro etc have all said that if the hire is 4 days or more CARJET WILL NOT LET THEM DO FULL/FULL RENTALS !!

At the moment I have been trying to sort a problem out for several weeks. I hired a car for 3 days from Centauro via Carjet. The fuel gauge appears to have been faulty as it did not move while I had the car from 3/4 full position . I was supposed to be taking the car back full so I pulled into a garage who put in as much fuel in as they could. Fuel gauge still did not move. I did very little travelling in that Peugeot 106 , paid for the fuel at the garage as well as 42 Euros for fuel when I picked up the car. I told the Centauro staff about the problem when I took the keys back and also so far I have sent a lot of e-mails but I am not being offered any refund.

I have become disillusioned with Carjet and would like to find a company that I could use regularily. Hopefully if I became known as a regular customer things may be easier ?

Sue

Comentario

I have used record the last 3 times and the car I have been given has been a higher grade than what I have booked and they have all been new with between 2 and 3000 on the clock.
            Return car with same amount of fuel as when you collect it.
            Prices have always been as cheap if not cheaper than the other quotes that I have received.

Comentario

Never had a problem with this company and always the cheapest for me. Everything included:

http://www.carhire-spain.com/

Comentario

Think the full stop at the end screws up the website address. Correct site is www.recordgo.com We have used them since Carjet put us with them one time and I then compared quotes for the next few bookings. Nothing wrong with Carjet but why pay a brokers commission when you can get a better deal going direct. If you are a regular visitor, Record also have a loyalty points scheme which reduces the cost even further.

Comentario

Thanks for the info on Record, I will keep them in mind. Unfortunately all the flights which we have already booked involve Murcia airport. Either for both inbound and outbound flights or just for one of the flights. I have e-mailed Record and they do not operate out of Murcia.

Has anyone got any recommendation for Murcia Airport car hire?

I do not feel that Carjet have even taken my complaint seriously and would like to book my cars through someone else.

Sue

Comentario

Best Car Hire

Try www.economycarhire.com they operate out of Murcia, but still don't have full to full just full to empt.

Comentario

Levantina Car Hire

Levantina is a Spanish owned car hire company offering personal service at both Alicante and Murcia airports, which means no queuing. All cars have air conditioning, power steering and music. You pay just 10 euros for the petrol which will be in the car ready for you, after that it is up to you. www.costa-blanca-service-area.com or pm me for a quote, I am the UK representative.

Comentario

Levantina Car Hire

I am sorry, I did not realise that pm had been disabled on this board.
                        Anyone can 'phone me for a quote on 01235 772007.

Comentario

Carhire-Spain operate from all Spanish airports

Comentario

Best Car Hire

I think it must be a mis-print but I have just been quoted 160 euros for a car for a week in October from Murcia on the Costa Blanca Service Area site, the very same car with identical conditions was 103 euros. Is it me that is doing something wrong??

Comentario

Levantina Car Hire

No, I don't think you are doing anything wrong Roy and Val. With the broker you mention, you don't actually know what car you are going to get until arrival, and you don't know the fuel costs until you book. They use all sorts of car hire companies, and your contract will be with the car hire company, who will impose their own conditions. If you look under the "Liability" clause, you will see that the broker takes no further responsibility. You can only collect the car during "normal office hours", there is a surcharge for collection out of hours. Many Levantina customers arrive out of hours, or we deliver the car to their door, at no extra cost. The broker also charges for late arrival. The broker quotes for 7 days, and trips under 7 days are also subject to surcharge, as are roof racks and child seats, which Levantina give free.

I think your main concern was only paying for the petrol you use, rather than paying an inflated price for a full tank of petrol. So with Levantina you only pay 10 euros for the petrol which will be in the car when you pick it up, then after that it's up to you.

Hope this helps with your buying decision.

Comentario

Trabajando...
                              X