Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Why are irish pubs dark and gloomy?

When you walk into one of these overpriced places you are met with dark furniture, the odd light, etc. and most seem to be anything but Irish run.

Irish pubs dark - yes

Good question, I find it very hard to film anyone in Irish Pubs because as you say, always too dark. Also why are the dancing areas so small?

Kas

www.friends4uabroad.com

Comentario

are they like this in Ireland? I always try to avoid "Irish" bars in Spain as like the first poster said, they're always so over priced!

Comentario

As for pricing - What about "The Shannon"at Altos de Limonar? They charge € 1.80 a pint of beer !

Comentario

like I said, haven't been in an Irish bar for years due to over pricing, that's very cheap for a pint, maybe they've had to reduce prices due to the recession - but in general you've got to say Irish bars are dearer!

Comentario

Have just returned from a wedding in Cork, in the average pub a pint of Guinness is €3.55, a glass or wine is ~€4.60, but if you want a Spritzer, you CANNOT get a splash of lemonade anymore, you have to buy a bottle for €2.65, the Hotel is €1.00 extra on each drink, so it would appear the Irish BARS are charging Irish prices if they can get away with it. The Shannon may charge €1.80 per pint, just go to Villa Martine & they charge €3.50 per pint. Personally we use Spanish bars where a bottle of beer is €1.00 & a glass of wine is 60cents, NO CONTEST

Brendan

Comentario

we tend to use British Bars, mostly English, the Sports Bar PFCC 1 euro a Bud, Racin Toast 2 euros a pint and Poco Loco 1.70 euro for a pint of Amstell - there's still cheap beer out there if you're prepared to look for it!

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X