Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Important changes to BBC TV frequencies this weekend

Important changes to BBC TV frequencies this weekend

There are some important changes happening on the BBC frequencies:

BBC1 West (Bristol)
    BBC1 Channel Islands
    BBC1 East (West) (Cambridge)

are all leaving their current frequency, and moving to the frequency currently used by BBC2 England - 10773 H
    This means that their reception will be as per BBC2 England.
    This means that BBC Channel Islands will no longer be recognised as being the strongest BBC1 region.

BBC1 Manchester
    BBC1 Leeds
    BBC 1 Tunbridge Wells

are all leaving their current frequency, and moving to the frequency currently used by BBC RAdio 5 Live and BBC1&2 Scotland - 10.802 H
    This means that their reception will again be as per / similar to BBC2 England.

BBC1 Wales and BBC2 Wales

will be moving from their current frequency to 10.788v - moving from a weaker horizontal to a stronger vertical frequency. So these Wales regions reception will be as per most BBC1 regions ie - almost 24/7 on most big dishes. Meaning some areas will have 24/7 reception of a BBC2 region.

BBC1 Northern Ireland and BBC2 Northern Ireland

will be moving from their current frequency to 10.817v - moving from a weaker horizontal to a stronger vertical frequency. So these Northern Ireland regions reception will be as per most BBC1 regions ie - almost 24/7 on most big dishes. Meaning some areas will have 24/7 reception of a BBC2 region.

Why the changes?
    The BBC have had to have a move around to amke space for the BBC1 HD channel.
    This will be starting on Wednesday 3rd November.
    The BBC had to make space for this channel, which will be on the same frequency as BBCHD channel.
    The BBCHD channel will continue to operate showing "the best of the BBC in HD", and the BBC1 HD channel will be a simulcast of BBC1 London.

It will mean that if you watch BBC1 Channel Islands, then you will find that its reception has changed.

It will also mean that you should now have much better coverage of BBC2, either via BBC2 England (reception not changing), BBC2 Northern Ireland, and BBC2 Wales. The latter two regions have almost the same schedules as BBC2 England, with some minor changes for regional programmes.

Freesat and Sky boxes will automatically update themselves on Monday 18th October 2010 with these new frequencies.

Those with Non Sky or Freesat boxes will have to rescan the channels to make sure your boxes have the new BBC1 and BBC2 frequencies.
    Editado por última vez por satandpcguy; https://torrevieja.com/forums/member/3071-satandpcguy en , 07:32:42.

[QUOTE=satandpcguy;31921]Important changes to BBC TV frequencies this weekend

Hello satandpcguy,

I read your piece by accident and was so grateful for your info. I turned on the tv this am and no BBC north west. We don't have a sky or freeview box, we have a shared(3) 1.9m satellite Portugese dish.

Could you tell me if we can manually tune our box(Golden Interstar) - I have tried retuning to no avail - and if so how do I do it?

I'd be very grateful for any advice you can give me.

Carol Martin

Comentario

Hi,

Normally you go to the Menu, Installation, Scan, make sure you have selected / are on Astra 2 satellites, and search.

It will be in your user manual, if you have one, if not I am sure the GI site will have one to download

Comentario

Hi Satandpcguy,

I was interested to read your mail after dumping Sky (they kept taking double payments and as I was going thru an Irish agent I couldn't talk to them directly). I do however still have the sky box and all I can access is ITV1 and the true movies channels and a couple of others. I have an Irish Sky card and I live on Malta where it has been impossible to receive BBC so far.

With the new transponder is it at all possible to receive any BBC channels (we cannot access the present BBC channels as they are all on 2A which we can't get here)

Thank in advance

Mark

Comentario

Hi,
          BBC 1,2,3,4 are all on Astra 2D.
          Other BBC channels - BBC News etc, are on Astra 2b south.
          There are no BBC channel on Astar 2a.
          I would think you get those channels on Astra 2a South beam, perhaps not Astra 2a north beam tho.

If you were unable to get BBC1,2,3,4 channels before the changes, then you will still not be able to get the BBC channels after these changes. They have not moved satellites, just moved frequencies on a satellite.

Comentario

If you have Freesat box you can now get BBC2 24 hours a day by using wales Scotland or Ireland channels I have also noticed that I now receive a lot of radio stations that before were not available

The only problems I now have with reception using a Freesat box I bought from England id Radio 5 and chanel 5 chanel 4 is a problem bit I can get Ch 4 +1 24 hours a day

Comentario

Trabajando...
            X