Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• New to buying a home

Hello, i hope this is allowed. This will be my first time buying a property anywhere let alone in Spain.
    What i would like to ask is this.
    If i see a property that is of interest say for 65000 euro, what would you guys think would be a reasonable offer to make on said property, where would you start your offer, if it were yourself to show interest.
    The properties i am looking at are just south of Torreveieja.

Thank you

the way things are at the moment property has come down a long way,so some sellars are at rock bottom already!! I suppose you have to see how anxious the seller is, people at the moment if they can are holding on, and your budget of €65k does not give alot of leeway. at the moment the buyer holds all the cards and remember €65k will get something totally different if you buy inland or coast.
    all the best.

Comentario

I disagree with polop you can get just as good on the coast now as inland and it has been this way for 2 years or so.
      7 years ago when we 1st looked it was cheaper inland than coast, and as said you may find the properties are at rock bottom prices you will just have to take a chance and make a reasonable offer just a couple of thousand less, which would pay all your legal fees etc keeping to your 65,000 budget

Comentario

We have had an apartment in Torrevieja town for around eight years and in July this year we bought another on a daft offer! A one bedroomed ground floor apartment at Mirador de Mediterraneo, San Miguel de Salinas. The property was up with an agent for 57,000 euros and we put an offer in for 35,000 euros. We thought that we would be laughed out of the agents office, however we were surprised when the vendor accepted the offer. Lesson to be learned - always start off with a low offer because if you are keen on a property you can always increase the offer as & when it suites you!!

Comentario

Thanks guys much appreciated, must be room for negotiation on the price, same selling a car, always put a little on top and let the buyer beat you down to what you know you want/need for it, you are happy and buyer is happy.

Looking at quesada also

Comentario

Just be aware that if you buy an apartment your community fees will be roughly double those of a 2 bed house on an Urb, as communal maintenance fees are more . So what you think is a bargain can be a problem if you are on a tight budget the 2 beds on our Urb pay 165pa the 1 bed Apartments opposite pay 410pa

Comentario

its only worth what your willing to pay its the same as here if you want to buy a house what would you offer on the same house here????

Comentario

And if you do buy, it's safer to have an English lawyer to negotiate for you. We used John Howell and Co in London and they were excellent. And if anything does go wrong they have the weight of the Law Society behind them. Good luck.

Comentario

TAKE TIME TO LOOK AROUND AND BARGAIN, THERE ARE LOADS OF BARGAINS TO BE HAD,AT YOUR OWN PRICE,MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE OUTGOINGS ie, Community fees etc, they can sometimes be excessive.Be careful,there are still a few crooks who will take your deposit and dissapear.There is a good agent with many established LEGAL properties at QUESADA ,just outside Torrevieja Called Sun Seekers ,Good Luck Laurieb

Comentario

Hi,
                    we use Atlas international, and have found them very helpful. It might be worth speaking to them, to see what they suggest. Alternatively, live in Spain magazine has good information on that.

Comentario

Atlas & helpful in the same sentence? Blimey that's a first!

Comentario

Trabajando...
                      X