Colapsar
X

• Filtrar
  • Tiempo
  • Mostrar
Limpiar Todo
nuevos mensajes

• Cycle club

Can anyone give me details for a cycling club (road/racing) in the area.

There's one in San Miguel - I think they appear in CB News.

Comentario

Thanks Martin, I'll check it out.

Comentario

Cycle Racing

Hi Shift,

We have bought a holiday place in Playa Flamenca and I am into Road Racing, would be very interested in hearing of any details of races in the area. will be visiting in the first two weeks of April, then the last week of May, then not again until last week of July and first week of August.

Would also be up for training rides if you are local to the area during those dates. Dont get my bike over until around the 05th April.

Am also coming over bikeless this weekend and the tour of Murcia starts on my last day the wednesday, any details of the stage for the wednesday would be appreciated, have found the official website but cannot work out the route times etc.

keep the legs spinning!

Al.

Comentario

Dear Big Al,
          If you intend to race in Spain be sure that you have your licence sorted out well in advance.
          I went over for a training week in late February with two colleagues and found that once you get off the main roads the environment for cyclists was absolutely brilliant. We originally intended to meet up on a Tuesday with Hans at San Miguel de Salinas but inadvertently got caught up with a group of other cyclists (mainly geriatric grand dads on granny rings) who leave Torrevieja at 9.30 on Tuesdays and they diverted off the road to San Miguel. We made the mistake of following them until we eventually decided to do our own thing. We spent Tuesday and Wednesday cyclingi within about 60 kms range of Torrevieja and found some nice hills and lovely undulating circuits in the localities of Sucina, Torrendo, San Pedrredas and Ceracoz de la Pata.
          We met some other cyclists who told us that there are some serious hills a bit closer to Murcia - I would reckon about 90 to 100 kms away from Torrevieja.
          Although we did not meet Hans' training group they meet most Tuesdays and Thursdays at 10.00 hours in the square opposite the church in San Miguel de Salinas. If you take the main road from Torrevieja to Orhuela turn left at the second sign post for San Miguel De Salinas about 4 kms distance beyond the roundabout under the motorway.
          You then go through the main road of San Miguel, turn right (staying on the main road) at the traqffic lights and you will see the square and church on your left hand side.
          If you are interested in speed training there a some lovely flat roads running along the canal from Pilar De La Horrido to Villa Martin. These are closed to all vehicles other than service vehicles and have good surfaces.

Comentario

Comentario

Re: Cycle Racing

Originalmente publicado por BigAl.
              Hi Shift,

We have bought a holiday place in Playa Flamenca and I am into Road Racing, would be very interested in hearing of any details of races in the area. will be visiting in the first two weeks of April, then the last week of May, then not again until last week of July and first week of August.

Would also be up for training rides if you are local to the area during those dates. Dont get my bike over until around the 05th April.

Am also coming over bikeless this weekend and the tour of Murcia starts on my last day the wednesday, any details of the stage for the wednesday would be appreciated, have found the official website but cannot work out the route times etc.

keep the legs spinning!

Al.
              Hi Al,
              Driving out 11th to 21st May so I think I'll miss you.
              I'll give you other dates when I know them so we can have a spin.
              Thanks for the info'
              Shift.

Comentario

Trabajando...
              X